If you are a short mom, you know the struggle of finding a short height glider to keep your feet on the floor. I have had this issue before, and it was so frustrating!
We all know that nursery gliders are a great addition to any nursery. They provide extra comfort for mom and baby. They have many features that make them perfect for breastfeeding or bottle feeding.
But what if you are a short mom, you might have trouble finding the best nursery glider for your needs.
You need to make sure that it has enough armrests and is comfortable to use and, most importantly, the feet touch the ground when seated.
But it is a tedious task to find out the best nursery chair for short moms as most models are too tall to touch their feet on the ground.
That’s why our Amy Baby Review product specialist spent several hours investigating and testing various gliders that are designed for short moms, ending up with five of the best ones. So we can help you narrow down your search!
- Top 5 Best Nursery Gliders list for Short Mom
- Delta Children Emerson Upholstered Glider
- Comparison Table of Best Glider for short mom
- How We Chose The Best Nursery Glider For Short Parents
- the best gliders for short mom Review
- 1. Delta Children Emerson Upholstered Glider Swivel Rocker Chair
- 2. Storkcraft Premium Hoop Glider and Ottoman
- 3. Babyletto Madison Swivel Glider in Ecru Microsuede
- 4. Carter’s by DaVinci Adrian Swivel Glider with Storage Ottoman
- 5. Million Dollar Baby Classic Linden Power Recliner and Swivel Glider
- The wrap up:
Top 5 Best Nursery Gliders list for Short Mom
- Best for every single thing – Delta Children Emerson Upholstery
- Best for tight budget – Storkcraft Premium Hoop Glider and Ottoman
- Best for compact design – Babyletto Madison Swivel Glider in Ecru Microsuede
- Best for storage ottoman – Carter’s by DaVinci Adrian Swivel Glider
- Best for electronic recliner – Million Dollar Baby Classic Linden Power Recliner
Our Top Pick
Delta Children Emerson Upholstered Glider
The seat is only about 18 inches high from the floor, so a five-foot height mom can sit all the way back of the glider and touch the ground with her foot. It comes with whisper-quiet glide motion, 360 swivel action, micro-fiber fabrics, durable, sturdy wooden frame design, thickly padded armrest, and removable seat cushion for easy cleaning.
Comparison Table of Best Glider for short mom
How We Chose The Best Nursery Glider For Short Parents
We’ve spent several hours researching and based on real user experience, we’ve deeply analyzed each product, tested them, and then chosen them for review. The gliders we’ve reviewed below are top-notch, high quality, modern design, and best for short moms. The seating positions of these gliders are not very high. Even a five-foot-tall mom can touch the ground with her feet when sitting in the glider with a lean back.
So, it will not only make your nesting days easier but also allows you to take some rest in it. On top of this, the baby’s room will look more beautiful with a glider chair.
the best gliders for short mom Review
1. Delta Children Emerson Upholstered Glider Swivel Rocker Chair
Best for every single thing
When looking for the best nursery glider for mom who is not that much tall, the Delta Children Emerson Upholstered Glider Swivel Rocker would be the perfect one.
Firstly, it’s designed with maximum comfort in mind, tested for safety, and expertly crafted to provide stability even if you are sitting down!
Thick padded armrest:
The armrests are thickly padded for optimal comfort, bolstering your elbow when breastfeeding or bottle-feed your babysitting on this glider.
Whisper quiet glide motion:
It comes with a whisper-quiet glide motion, so it won’t make any noise when you rock the chair back and forth. It means you can soothe the baby comfortably with its range of motion and send him back to sleep.
Easy to assemble:
It comes semi-assembled. But the assembly is straightforward with easy-to-follow instructions – you don’t need tools other than the Allen wrench provided with the bolts and washers that are included.
I also love the microfiber fabrics, which are so plush to sit on and easy to clean and maintain.
The entire glider measurement is 34.75 x 35.75 x 39.5 inches (WxDxH).
The seat size on this chair is 21.75 x 18.75 x 18 inches (WxDxH) with a backrest of 26 1/2 inches high and 6 1/2 Inches thick seat cushion – making it perfect even if you are a short mom with 5 feet height.
So, I highly recommend this product for all short moms who are looking for a comfortable, safe, and durable glider chair that does not cost an arm and a leg!
- The seat cushion is very easy to clean. Even it is removable. If the little one spills milk and spits up on the fabric, you can effortlessly remove the seat cushion and wipe it off without leaving any stains.
- The glider is so comfortable. It does not take much effort to glide back and forth.
- You can comfortably sleep in the glider while you are sitting up rocking your baby.
- It comes with a simple and stylish design.
- The original color is a bit lighter than it appears in the photo.
Also read: Best glider for nursing twins
2. Storkcraft Premium Hoop Glider and Ottoman
Best for tight budget
Lower seat position:
If you are looking for an affordable nursery glider for short moms, this storkcraft premium hoop would be an ideal pick for you. Firstly, the seat is only about 17 inches high from the floor. So, the moms who are 5’0 – 5’3 feet can easily touch the ground sitting on this glider.
Comfortable padded seat & armrests:
Secondly, its comfortable padded seat allows you to sit in relax, especially at late-night feedings or gliding the little one to sleep, so you get premium comfort.
On top of this, the padded arm cushions support your elbow when holding the baby for hours. So, your hands won’t get tired even if you had to keep the baby in your arms for an extended time.
Most importantly, this nursery glider chair comes with metal ball bearings that ensure a smooth gliding motion to soothe the little one.
Convenient storage pockets:
I also appreciate its convenient two side storage pockets that allow nursing mothers to put the bottles after feeding and also put some storybooks for bedtime stories.
The included ottoman glides as well. It sits lower than the glider seat bottom, so you can comfortably stretch your legs and glide the baby.
Parents who have bought it before are delighted with the product. They said this rocking chair for short person is quite good for the price, and it looks perfect in their nursery. The only thing they regret it makes squeaky sounds after some months of use. Otherwise, it can be a great cheap-price nursery glider for moms with short legs.
- The directions are super easy to follow, and the assembly is simple too. It won’t take more than 20 minutes to put together.
- The seat fabric is microfiber, so you can easily wipe it off when needed.
- It comes up in multiple color options so you can match it with other nursery furniture like a crib, changing table, mattress, etc.
- The back is tall enough for short moms to lay their heads back on the cushions.
- The seat cushion is very thin, so some of you might find it uncomfortable to sit in for hours.
- It might make squeak sounds after a few months of use.
Also read: Best baby glider for tall parents
3. Babyletto Madison Swivel Glider in Ecru Microsuede
Best for compact design
Greencard gold certified:
If you are looking for the best glider for nursery that comes with a sleek modern classic design, then this Babyletto Madison would be the perfect one for you. Firstly, it helps improve indoor air quality, creating a healthier environment for your baby to sleep, play and grow as it has been tested and passed over 10k chemicals that makes it greenguard gold certified.
Perfect for small space:
Secondly, the glider is compact and space-saving without compromising on comfort and motion, so if you have small spaces in your baby’s room, it could be an excellent pick for you.
On top of this, it allows you to feed and nurse the baby without worry because it has an easy glide mechanism that swivels 360 degrees so you can face any direction while sitting down – something not all gliders have!
Smooth back and forth glide motion:
I appreciate its smooth back and forth gliding motion which makes no squeaky noise. So, the little one can get soothe and fall asleep with the toing and froing.
Plush durable fabric:
I also love its microsuede cover, which is durable and easy to clean.
Most importantly, the seat position is not very high from the floor. A five feet short mom can touch the ground when sitting in this glider all the way back in it.
The overall dimension is:
33.5″ H x 29.75″ W x 29.75″ D
Seat: 21.5″ W x 18.25″ D
Seat height: 18.3″
Previous users are pretty satisfied with the product. Some of them said it is a new generation of furnishings that provides the comfort and ease of use parents crave while maintaining a sleek modern design. It brings an elegant touch to any room.
- The glider is 100% safe for children as it is free of chemical flame retardants.
- It is effortless to clean. If the baby spitted up or left some chocolate stains on the fabric, just wipe them right off.
- It comes fully assembled so that you can use it right away.
- The back of the chair is not high enough to support your neck.
- Some of you might find it uncomfortable to feed the baby due to its angle armrests.
4. Carter’s by DaVinci Adrian Swivel Glider with Storage Ottoman
Best for storage ottoman
Designed for parents and babies:
When looking for the best nursery glider and ottoman for a short person, this Carter’s by DaVinci Adrian Swivel glider is hard to beat. Firstly, it has been designed with parents and babies in mind, which means it will be comfortable for both of you as well as easy to clean up any messes that happen while feeding or rocking baby to sleep!
Sturdy metal base:
The metal base allows you to swivel in any direction so you can be comfortable no matter what position you want to feed your child in. On top of this, the gliding motion is smooth and gentle and does not make any squeaky sound, so your back will thank you.
Water repellent and stain resistant fabric:
The glider is made from a water repellent and stain-resistant fabric. It also has the Greenguard Gold Certified, which means it is safe for your baby! If you’re looking for something that will last, then this would be an excellent purchase because it won’t need to be replaced anytime soon due to its durability.
If you’re struggling with a space issue, this glider has storage in the ottoman! You can store blankets or toys when the baby gets older, too- lots of use out of it! But remember, the footrest does not glide.
Lean back comfortably:
Being a short mom, you can comfortably rest your head in the back of this glider. But if your husband is tall, around 6 feet, he can use the lumbar support pillow behind his head to rest on.
Thinly padded armrests:
The armrests are thin padded but comfortable enough and come at a good height for feeding your baby and snuggles.
The dimension from the floor to the top of the seat cushion is 19 inches, so a short mom can touch the ground with her feet sitting way back to the chair.
Product Dimensions 32 x 25 x 37.5 inches
Seat cushion dimensions: Depth 21″ X Width 19.5″ Height 7.5″
Shipping box dimensions: Length: 39.75″ X Width 31″ x Height 26.25″
- There is no assembly required- just take out of the box and enjoy!
- You can use the lumber pillow as a foot prop or under your arms when you nurse the baby.
- As your baby gets older, this glider will still fit them well.
- It is perfect for short moms. Tall mothers might find it uncomfortable to sit in.
5. Million Dollar Baby Classic Linden Power Recliner and Swivel Glider
Best for electronic recliner
Very smooth gliding:
If you are a short mom and can’t find the perfect glider to fit your needs, then this is the one for you. The Million Dollar Baby Classic Linden Power Recliner and Swivel Glider has all of the features that short moms need.
Firstly, It smoothly glides back and forth, making no squeaky sound so you can feed your baby while sitting in the glider and then send him back to sleep.
Secondly, this Million Dollar Swivel Glider comes with an electronic recliner while maintaining an ergonomic position with its adjustable leg rest. So, there’s no need to get up out of bed. If your baby needs soothing again after going back down for a nap on their own – just press a button!
USB charging port:
There is a USB charging port in the glider so that you can charge your phone during those long feedings!
Greenguard Gold Certified:
The upholstery is Greenguard Gold Certified, so there won’t be any harmful toxins from materials used on this beautiful piece of furniture.
Thick padded cushion seat:
The cushions in this chair are very soft and comfortable, so you can sit in relax while feeding or soothing your baby.
The high backrest and sturdy base:
The chair’s backrest is soft and squishy, while its base feels supportive and firm. It is very comfortable for someone around 5 feet though the back is relatively high, so I don’t think it would be uncomfortable for an average height either.
The height from floor to seat is 19″ so a 5 feet short mother can touch the ground with her feet sitting all the way back of this glider.
Product Dimensions : 36.25 x 34 x 40.25 inches
The parents who have owned it before are very thankful that they bought it. So, if you’re a short mom or just looking for the best glider on the market, then this is one to consider. This product has all of the features and benefits that make it ideal for new moms.
- It is straightforward to set up. You don’t need any tools to assemble it.
- The style is a modern, chic look that can complement any decor.
- Some users claimed the USB port didn’t work correctly.
The wrap up:
Thanks for reading the complete guide about the best glider for short mom. We hope you’ve found this article helpful and informative. To sum up, we just want to mention; if you’re going to find and use the best glider for your needs as a short mother, you should get one which seat’s height is a maximum of 18-19 inches high from the floor. It allows you to touch the ground from your toes when seated all the way back of the glider. So, you can rock and glide the baby smoothly.
Is a glider necessary for a nursery? If you’re still uncertain about whether or not to invest in a glider for your baby’s room, read this article.