Last Updated on May 11, 2023
We all know that children love to walk. They also enjoy running, jumping, and playing on their own two feet. But sometimes the world can be a little too big for our youngest ones who are not quite ready for it yet! That is why there are baby walkers – they teach babies how to walk without the risk of falling down or getting hurt as they explore this wonderful place we call home.
In this blog post, we will tell you everything you need to know about these popular devices, including the types of baby walkers? How much does a baby walking cost? Where can you get the best deal on a baby walker?
Here, we’ll learn:
- What is a baby walker?
- What are the types of walkers?
- How much does a baby walker cost?
- Where can you get the best deal on a baby walker?
- What are the pros and cons of a baby walker?
What is a baby walker?
A baby walker is a device that helps babies learn to walk before they are old enough to do so on their own. It looks like a small child’s version of an adult-sized wheelchair. The baby sits in the seat and uses it as if it were training wheels for walking. When the baby tries to take steps, the movement is limited by straps that come up from behind the seat and wrap around their thighs and waist, holding them securely in place while still allowing them some movement.
Types of walkers:
Walkers are a great way to give your little one the opportunity to explore. However, not all walkers are created equal, and it’s important for parents to know what they’re buying before making a purchase. Here, we will be discussing three different types of baby walkers: seated, sit-to-stand, and convertible.
Seated baby walkers are designed for babies from four months old up until 12 months old, at which point they graduate to sit in a high chair. They are typically recommended for babies who cannot yet stand up on their own. These walkers keep the baby upright as they learn how to move about in it. The seat is usually in the shape of a circle and has three points of contact that are meant to keep babies secure.
Sit-to-Stand walkers allow toddlers who can’t quite yet stand on their own feet when seated or have trouble holding up their weight. Babies use them as support, so they don’t need to hold onto anything. These models do not have a seat. Instead, they provide support both under the arms and between the legs. Consequently, when babies push themselves up, they will end up standing with little or no assistance from caregivers.
But they should be used with caution because it’s still possible for children using these types of baby walkers to fall over if leaning too far back without any support from the base.
Also read: How to use a baby walker safely
Convertible models offer all three modes: seated, sit-to-stand, or fully standing mode, depending on what your child needs at any given time. This type converts between both seated and standing. It offers numerous activities such as wheels that turn at different speeds, plays gyms hanging overhead, musical toys, fun mirrors – all designed for learning and physical development.
If you need something easy enough for your infant, a seated model will work best, but if you want something that will grow with your child as they get older, then a convertible model would work best.
How much does a baby walker cost (both in-store and online)
Baby walkers are a popular purchase for many parents. You can find it in any department store, and it usually costs around $40-$60. The prices vary and might go up depending on the brand and features of the baby walker you want to buy. If you’re looking to save some money, consider purchasing your walker online from Amazon instead of in-store!
Where Can You Get The Best Deal on a Baby Walker?
When you’re looking for the best deal on a baby walker, most people turn to their local department store. But if you’ve been there and done that, then it’s time to think outside of the box. You want to be sure that the purchase pays off and it makes sense financially as well as in terms of safety.
With so many options available, where can you find the best deal? We have put together a list of the three best places from which you can buy a quality baby walker at an affordable price!
Walmart has a decent selection of baby walkers and plenty of reviews from buyers. It’s also one of the most affordable places you can find for these items. Prices range between $20-40 in many cases so that it won’t break your budget either way.
Another big box store that sells baby products is Target; they have a large selection and extensive customer feedback online about their prices and quality offerings.
You may be able to save even more money by buying online through Amazon – this company provides free shipping on all orders over $25 (or get Prime membership), which is worth looking into if you’re not in a hurry to receive it.
Other sites may offer different deals as well! You should be able to find what you need at any of these places without spending too much money – just keep shopping around until you see something that suits your preferences!
We also have a guide on where you can buy baby walkers at a cheap price. You can also read it for further information as well.
The Pros and Cons of a Baby Walker:
Baby walkers have been a parenting staple for years. They are great for helping your baby learn to balance and take steps, but they can also be dangerous if you don’t use them properly. Here, we will discuss the pros and cons of using a baby walker so that you can decide whether or not it is right for your child.
Baby walker pros:
– Babies learn to balance and take steps with the help of a baby walker.
– It gives your child the confidence to explore their surroundings with a baby walker.
– A baby walker frees you up to take care of other tasks while your child is entertained—even if they are just strolling.
– Some babies find comfort in walking instead of crawling, which is helpful for some toddlers who are just starting to explore the world around them more than before since they have grown tired of crawling and want something new to do without having to lift up their knees high enough every time they go.
– Baby walkers provide entertainment and fun for young children.
Baby walker cons:
– Despite common belief, baby walkers don’t actually help infants learn to walk. “I believe that infant walkers are an inherently dangerous object that has no benefits of any kind and should not be sold in the United States”, says Dr. Benjamin Hoffman, a pediatrician and the chair of the American Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Injury, Violence and Poison Prevention.
– The use of a baby walker can have adverse effects on the development of your infant’s motor skills. One argument against using a baby walker is that it might delay crawling and walking.
Dr. Jay Hoecker explains if your baby is just starting to walk, you might want a device that will help them learn- not something with wheels. A stationary walker can encourage and teach the process of walking without taking away balance or mobility while they are still developing their coordination skills.
– The little one might reach dangerous objects or places like the kitchen, knives, swimming pool, stairways using a baby walker.
– Baby walkers can be very dangerous if you don’t use them properly. For example, parents should not leave their child unattended in a baby walker or put objects on it that they could reach and choke themselves on. They should also always supervise their children when using one to step in right away if needed.
– Some babies don’t take to them very well and find it difficult to stand up on their own since they are not used to being upright yet. They might also become frustrated when using a baby walker because they struggle with walking, which can lead to tantrums that other sources may cause.
– if not used properly, anyone who leans too hard against one side might end up tipping it over and hurting themselves (especially young kids).
– If you have an expensive hardwood floor in your home, using a baby walker on your floor could damage the surface.
Related read: Which type of walkers will keep wooden floors safe from scratches and dents?
The Bottom Line:
Thanks for reading. We hope this article helped answer your question about how much a baby walker costs and where to get one at the best price around. To sum up, we just want to mention again that baby walkers can cost anywhere between $40-$60 depending on their features (or up to several hundred dollars).
But there are many things parents should consider before purchasing any type of baby product, including safety regulations, whether it will last past infancy and how much space they have in their home?
If you find this guide helpful, don’t forget to share it with friends who might be interested too!